- Girls please have the hair styled away from the face for dance class.
- Please be on time for your scheduled dance class. Being 5 to 10 minutes late is unacceptable.
- Parents, please be on time when picking up your children after dance class.
- If classes are cancelled due to bad weather or sickness, you can call the studio and there will be a recording on the answering machine letting you know whether there will be classes or not or we will call each student to let them know whether classes will be held on that given day. Please take note that we do not always follow school schedules. We do not take off such days as Veterans Day or Martin Luther King’s Birthday.
- A monthly newsletter will go out each month to each student on information that parents will need to know for that given month. We will have extra copies of each month’s newsletter available at both of our studio locations in the waiting area for parents who do not receive a newsletter. We ask that parents go through their child’s dance bags on a weekly basis. Please note that each monthly newsletter will indicate if a holiday may fall in the month and whether there will be classes on that holiday.
- A minimum of 7 students must be registered for any given class. Dancin’ on Edge Dance Studios reserves the right to change the scheduling or canceling of a class that does not meet this minimum required number of students per class.
- Positive attitudes are a must at Dancin’ on Edge!!!
- We do open classes for observation the first week of each new month. The remaining weeks in a month are closed to all parents, family, friends etc. We feel that by opening one class per month, parents are still given the opportunity to see the progression of their child. By opening every single class for observation, the learning cannot take place that needs to due to outside distractions such as noise, talking etc. This policy will continue to be strictly enforced in the 2017-2018 dance season to give every student the chance to learn to their highest ability level.
- Our Dance families will receive a payment booklet at the start of the dance season. Monthly payments are to be made and handed in with the envelope provided with these booklets. There is additional information within the booklets that will need to be read. *Please refer to the inside back cover of the booklet along with information on the back of these payment booklets for the 2017-2018 Calendar of Events. Please keep track of your payment booklets. If you lose your payment booklet and a new one has to be issued to you, there is a $10.00 fee. You are asked to make your payment on or before the 7th of each month and once a payment is received, students will be provided with a receipt which will be filed in their mailbox. There will be folders in crates with each student’s name on their own mailbox. All information pertaining to that student will be filed in their individual mailbox. It will be up the parents and students to check their mailbox on a weekly basis for all information pertaining to the dance studio. For families that have more than one child dancing, there will be one mailbox for each family. All names from that one family will be on the one mailbox assigned to that family of students.
2017-2018 COSTUME INFORMATION
We have our annual Dance Recitals in June. If students plan on being in the annual Dance Revue, there is a costume cost. (please note that it is not mandatory for students to be in the Dance Revue)
*All children's costumes are $70.00 and adult costumes are $75.00
*The first half of costume balances are due by October 14th 2017 and all remaining balances are due by no later than November 17th 2017. All costumes must be paid in full by November 17th in order for costumes to be ordered for your dancer.
(Please note a different payment schedule will be layed out for our competition students)
*Please note that all 1st costume deposits are non-refundable. Once your final deposit has been made, this final deposit is non-refundable.
*If you decide not to participate in the annual dance recital which is totally at the parents' and students' discretion, I must have a formal letter in writing that your child will not be participating in the annual 2018 recital by no later than October 14th 2017.
2017-2018 HOLIDAY INFORMATION
*Both our Hornell and Bath locations are closed for the Thanksgiving, Christmas, Mid-Winter Break and Spring Break holidays. If there will be no dance classes due to a holiday in a particular month, a note will be posted in the monthly newsletter. Please note that some classes may be scheduled over these holiday breaks and students will be notified of this.
Please remember that you are not charged for the weeks that students do not have class.
Please refer to your payment booklet for the calendar of events for the 2017-2018 dance season.
2017-2018 MISSED CLASS INFORMATION
*If a student misses class due to sickness or an emegency, they can make up this missed class within (2) weeks of when the class was missed. There will still be a charge for any missed classes that students do not participate in.
If we should have to cancel class due to sickness or bad weather, there will still be a charge for the class because we will make up the missed class.
2017-2018 APPAREL AND FOOTWEAR NEEDS
*We will still be able to provide dancewear, dance shoes and dance accessories within our on-site apparel shop at our Hornell location. However, shop hours will be by appointment only and must be set up in advance prior to the appointment.
PLEASE CALL FOR OUR 2017-2018 TUITION RATES ALONG WITH MULTIPLE CLASS AND FAMILY DISCOUNT INFORMATION